Hey guys! Thank you Maico, Nacho, José, Alex and Miqueas for commenting! Noemí, thanks for signing up! I hope you write something soon too! I'm glad you find this new tool useful. Here you can find some comments:
- Usually, you try an activity, not "with" an activity. So Alex, if you think Elvis wouldn't be satisfied with your version of his song, he would probably tell you to "try basketball," instead of "with basketball" (but I believe Elvis will be delighted with our cover :-D)
-When you speak about something in general, you don't use a determiner ("the"); you like music, not "the" music; you listen to music and not to "the" music. And if you do it on the radio - then it's "on." You do the same when you speak about "water" (you say "music is as important as water" not as "the" water). Miqueas, remember that you don't use the verb "like" in English in the same way you do in Spanish. So you can't speak about a kind of music that "may like me" (which means that music has an opinion about you!), you speak about kinds of music that you may like. By the way, it is so surprising to me to read that you have never bought a CD! I have tons! :-P The same happens with José's sentence "all music don't like to everybody forever" For the same difference between English "like" and Spanish "gustar" the correct version would be "Everybody doesn't always like the same music.
- When you emphasize comparatives, you don't use "very" but "much." So I agree with you, Alex, when you say that we all have a dark past (:-D) and that we listened to different artists when we were much younger.
-José, in a sentence like "I believe that the music is and it will be something very important in ours life" you don't have to repeat the subject; so the correct version would be "I believe music is and will (always) be..." Remember the difference between possessive pronouns and possessive adjectives. You should say "our lives" instead of "ours life," because the noun should be plural and because, having a noun, you can't use a pronoun ("ours" is a possessive pronoun and "our" is a possessive adjective).
Guys, I hope these comments are useful. Keep writing and enjoying the discussion! See you guys!
ve always liked the songs of Elvis, when I was fifteen or sixteen years heard the album that my sister had purchased. But I admit that I am not a fan of Elvis songs.
ResponderEliminarI think that music is a way of expressing our feelings