jueves, 17 de marzo de 2011

Grammar points on different subjects, part IV

Thank you Ángela, Loly, Benito and Ángeles for participating! I will be back with more comments soon!


Ángela, remember that "to be" and "to have" don't mean the same. At school you had many friends and you had more boy friends than girl friends (not "was") :-). You can also link the sentences "I remenber a teacher, she hit on your head" by using a relative clause: "I remember a teacher who hit you on your head." Remember also that adjectives never have a plural form ending in -s (you say "different kinds" instead of "differents kinds").


Loly, when you say "the other kids doing jokes" the verb is wrong, and this makes it difficult for me to see what you actually meant. Remember you say at school, and that you can't change verb tenses without a grammatical reason (you should say "I began to smoke, I sometimes didn't go to school" instead of "I began to smoke, sometimes I wasn't going to class"). When you speak about the different periods of your life, you tend to use "times" instead of "age" ("I think those were good times") :-)


Hey Benito! Remember that when you work with the "have to" structure, you use the auxiliary "do," so you can't say "I hadn't to wear a uniform;" the correct version is "I didn't have to wear a uniform."


Ángeles, you have to find the right English translation for your job, whether it's a branch of engineering or a form of technical training, don't translate directly from Spanish. Also, when you say "my future so professional" I think you mean "my professional future." 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario