Houses are very important in life. Our houses represent us, demand a great share of our lives and give us space to enjoy some of our happiest moments in return.
What is the house of your dreams like? What do you prefer: living in the city or living in the countryside?
Are you happy with the house you live in now? What is the most beautiful house you have ever visited?
Enjoy the discussion!

I agree with you,houses are important in our lifes because we spent many time in there. I have always lived in small flat in the city although I prefer living in a house in the city because I won´t listen to my neighbours arguing or children crying at night. My neighbours are the noisiest of the building so it´s horrible.
ResponderEliminarI like living in the city because I like walking by the city , going shoping,go to the gym, meeting people.I image the house of my dreams like a big house next to the sea with a garden full of flowers, it will be quieter than my flat live in now and more confortable
The most beautiful house I have ever visited it was a big house next to the beach in Cadaques, it was a white house full of windows since there you could see the sea and every sunset,its balconies and windows were full of red geranius
María Jose,2J
Hi!.
ResponderEliminarI like living in the city but I prefer living at the coast, next to the sea. I like visiting countryside, but only that, visiting it.
Nowadays, I'm living in La Laguna, at the cold downtown. I'm happy with my house. It's big and comfortable, but it's frozen. So the house of my dreams must be warm and luminous and if I had a huge screen for watching films, I would be happier than now. salu2 nacho
HI,
ResponderEliminarI like my house, I made a great economic sacrifice to have my house because I did not want to pay a mortgage for many years,( muy father helped me) I am happy with my house.
I have had to the opportunity to visit a big luxury houses but I wanted to run out, because in there I didn´t feel well and I have been to in another more humble houses and I feel very well, I want to say, that house are important but the people that live in there, they are really important because we can make that a humble house seems a palace with our good hospitality.
best wishes,
M.Cristina Trujillo I-1 GRUPO L
My house is very important for me. It's my personal retreat. I have always lived in a big house with my family. I like the big house very much but now, I live in a cozy flat. The life in a flat is very confortable, it's a small place to clean up but the really problem are the neighbours. My neighbours are nosy and rude so you can't speak with them.
ResponderEliminarThe most beautifull house I have ever visited, It was in Sevilla. It was a yellow house, its windows were brown and It had a big courtyard in the middle.
Noemí NB2-J
I like dreaming a house in Sauzal town in north the Tenerife Island because it is the most beatiful town in the Tenerife Island and more comfortable town than other town. But it isn`t buy a house in Sauzal because it is seld house the most expensive all Tenerife Island.
ResponderEliminarI prefer living in the countryside because there is less polluted then city and it is healthier than city.
I`m happy in the house that I`m living now in a town ward and it is less crowded than city.
The most beatiful house I have ever visited a chalet, with garden, swimming pool, garaje in Puerto de la Cruz town in the Tenerife Island and the house is the modernest than other house and it is bigger than other house.
Olivia NB2J
The house of my dreams is in the countryside.
ResponderEliminarI,ll want to wake up in the morning and I can see the trees and can hear the birds.
I love the nature and I hope to live in a house there or the more near possible.
I,ll want to find a place enough quiet where I can dream very well and without noises.
I,ll like don,t very big.
My boyfriend lives in the capital and it,s impossible to dream because it don,t stop the cars, motorbikes, buses and so on.
Even there is a lot of pollution in this place.
I,m living in a big house in this moment but it isn,t mine. It,s of the my grandmother.
It have a garden, it,s very wonderful.
The house is very important for a person because it,s you space and you should to live the better possible.
Fatima Hernandez Fariña
NB2J.
Hi.
ResponderEliminarI think that a house is an important part of our lifes because it is the place where you can relax after hard day, you can do the craziest things that you can´t do on the street and enjoy with the family together. In conclusion a house is our most intimate refuge.
I prefer to live in a countryside but to work in the city of course!! I like a house with a great garden with much flowers, big bedrooms and kitchen. ahhh and a good neighborns, I believe that this is something very important.
In this moment I haven´t a own house, and I don´t enjoy but I hope that in a future I can have my own house but I have a pretty family and this is comfortable.
Until today I haven´t seen the house most beautiful for me, only in the TV when I see movies. The houses in the countryside I seem very beautiful.
Bye
Angeles
I´m living in the countryside.
ResponderEliminarWhen I got married many years ago, we didn´t have any money for to buy a house, then my wife and I decided to make a house on a land that my father-in-law had and he gave us. At first I didn´t like this idea because I always had lived in the city, but when we made the house plane all the things started to change. Nowadays we are living in a house with garden and we are very happy and I don´t change to the city. I think that this discussion will be different in the midland, here in Tenerife is different, if you are living in the countryside also you have nearly all the gains and benefits that the city may have because all our villages are near the cities.
I think that the life is more independent at house in the countryside because you are living in your space and normally anybody don´t disturb you, however a strange thing happens, you have your neighbors are closest to you. Also I think that living in the countryside is more healthy than the city because there aren´t as much noises and pollution as the city.
I have visited a lot of beautiful houses, with a big garden, swimming pool, etc., I like them but I couldn´t say you which is the most beautiful for me because all of them had something special and if I had all those things, I will may build my dream house.
Hi, partners and teacher.
ResponderEliminarI prefer living in the city. I don't like house when I live now because It's smaller than other house when I lived. I always dream of living in a huge house full of gardens and sporting areas. When I was a child I lived in a bigger house. It had many rooms,parking for five cars and a big garden in the back. At the entrance had a porch with many flowers. Two years ago I visited a very large house in Tegueste. The house had a spiral staircase to climb to the top. The house had two basement. The first basement was the parking for four cars and the second besement was a wine cellar, additionally the house had a andalusian grove and a huge garden with many roses and carnations.
JOSE LUIS "B"
Hi guys
ResponderEliminarThe last Saturday afternoon I went to a guide visit at the Osuna’s House in La Laguna, just in front of Orfeón La Paz. It’s an antique building, about 1650, that La Laguna city inherited at the 50’s. It has just restored as the time when it was built as a typical canary house. It’s very big and beautiful but now is empty because the antique furniture are been restored too. On the first floor, there is a well in the middle of the courtyard, some rooms and three vegetables gardens. On the second floor, there are the living room, bedrooms and the kitchen with two ovens. All rooms have big windows overlook at the courtyard and the entire floor, the roof and the stairs are wooden made but no level so you must be careful to walk around. On the third floor there was the barn and a very big and beautiful typical canary balcony overlook the street , I was walking ten seconds on the balcony , if you have the courage , try it and tell me after. I found very funny a little door for the cat. There were three actors who were making a play explaining the life of the last sir Osuna, his wife and his butler, it was very funny. I didn’t see the toilet but now I remember there were three vegetable gardens…
Hi!!!
ResponderEliminarMy ideal house has to be far from the city. Maybe, in a place near the moutains and the beach, a cottage. The most important thing have to be the garden. The house have to be small, warm and bright. All made of wood and stones. Other important place is the kitchen, It have to be small but comfortable, because I think It is the heart of the house.
I would like to have in the garden two important places, a kind of workshop and the gym.
The workshop because I like pottery, so I need a place where I can forming, drying, decorate and puting in the furnace. The gym, because my wife and I like to do exercise.
About neighbours, I like them... far from my house. ;)
Jonathan Reyes
I live in a terraced house in the suburbs of La Laguna. My house is very important in my life because I spend my free time there. I´ve lived in this house for seven years. I lives with my parents in a detached house before, my mother still lives there. I love that house because I have many regards when I was a child.
ResponderEliminarWhen I went to USA I visited a lot of big houses in different suburbs and villages because my brother in law has a mortgage company. Those houses are impressive although I prefer my house, I decorated it to my taste: the colours, furnutires, etc… This is my home.
Hello,
ResponderEliminarFor me, houses have indeed a great importance in life because we spend a lot of our time in them. A perfect house should have three or four bedrooms at least. This is to invite friends, relatives, etc. to stay at home, to have parties, etc. It would be nice to have a garden and it should also have a well-equipped kitchen. Kitchens are essential for me. In general I have always liked big houses because I feel a greater sensation of freedom.
As for the question of living in the city or in the countryside, I would prefer a happy medium, that is to say, living in the outskirts, so that I would have everything near my house and I would be far away from noises, pollution, etc. at the same time.
I’m pretty happy with my current house although it’s not mine. It’s about a rented flat but it's situated in a pleasant, nice and calm area. All the rooms inside the appartment are more or less personalized to my liking and I’m glad in general with it.
The most beautiful house that I’ve ever seen was in La Palma. It was located in a rural spot. It was built by the family itself. It had three floors, well distributed internally and with a precious garden. It was not extremely luxurious but incredibly cosy.
Iván, NI1L
Hi¡¡¡
ResponderEliminarGood morning Marta¡
When I finished vocational training, I made a project of my house. My dream was to build a country house with four bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, garage, garden ... etc, and plenty of natural light.
I prefer to live near the beach. My favorite place to live is Orotava
I like the floor where I live, because it is small, easy to clean and is close to the hospital, supermarket, highway, etc.
The most beautiful house I've seen was on a television program. The house is in La Palma. The most I was just home with a lot of natural light, the house has no hall. The house has two floors, two floors are connected by an elevator.
The house is fantastic
Juan Pedro
I think houses are very important. But everyone has his particular dream house, it depends of your way of life.
ResponderEliminarThe house where we live is very important for me and my family because we spend most of our free time at home. So I would like to have a big house with big rooms and a great living room with a chimney to warm us at winter, and a big garden to lay and read a good book at summer. Also I would like to have a barbecue to make parties with my friends and I think my family would like too.
The problem is the place where our house should be. I prefer country so I would like to have a house in Tenerife, and my husband prefers the beach: He would like to have a house in Lanzarote.
Nowadays, I live at the city in a floor. My dream house could be a big house near the sea or the mountain, but I prefer to live in a countryside.
ResponderEliminarI don't like so much my home because my room is smaller than others. In general my home is very small. The most beautiful house than I have ever seen is my aunt's house because it's a big house with a garden. I love gardens, but I don't have in my floor. I have always wanted to live in my aunt's house.
Daura Samarín Darias, NB2J.
I've lived in La Laguna since I was a kid and I would love to live here for the rest of my life. I think it's a beautiful city with beautiful houses too. I live in a flat very near to the old city centre. It's a rented flat but when I rented it, it was empty so I have now my own furniture. That makes it cozier for me. The flat is very functional and has a big kitchen, which is very important for me because I love making pastry. I barely hear my neighbours so it's like I'm living in a big house.
ResponderEliminarEven I like very much my flat, I would love to have a big country-house so I can have a yard or a little garden. Maybe I should buy a big flowerpot first and see if it lives more than a few weeks!